Wednesday, June 3, 2009

First Submission



Hi everyone... been busy working on the site http://FeastForTheEyes.net... cant really see the hard work yet because its mostly backend programming stuff...but anyway- here's my first Father's day beer label. My own criticism is that its too specific and in general Im not a writer so Im not particularly satisfied with either the "title" or the poem (that's where its too specific).. but Im happy with the look. In general Im having trouble with KISS (keep it simple stupid)... but that's just generally how things go by me :-) Hope you like it... feedback is welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Annita,

    I like very much! It's very sweet and I really like the words and the tone of voice! I don't think it's too specific as it's putting the Dad in a leading role so I think it'll have wide appeal. Guess my only suggestion (which is a bit of a dull one) is to correct all the typos in the vertically oriented text.

    I think the label 'warning' is very important so it might be useful for us all to have a generic bit of blurb like this (which we can customise slightly e.g. add 'admirable').

    I'm hoping to post up a few labels either tonight or tomorrow!

    Keep up the great work.

    Cheers
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annita!

    Nice label! The only thing I would change is: leave a little bit more blank space above and unde your illustrations so they "breathe" better! :) but the illustration is very nice and the poem is sweet!

    I agree with Catherine on the fact that the LABLER'S WARNING is a good idea, I think every bottle should wear it, do you mind if I use the same text on my designs?

    I have a little question regarding the design: what size should the label be? any restrictions?? Please tell me!

    Thanks a lot! I'll do my best to get my designs done by June 6th!

    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lara, there are specific label sizes... see the post titled "TEMPLATES and first project".

    I don't at all mind if you use the "labler's warning" text on your label... its got a typo at the moment... so just spell check it please.

    Thanks for the feedback. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Annita,

    the site will be great, I love the design and structure.

    Your beer label has so happy mood what I like! :)

    Have a nice weekend (I hope you could relax a little bit...)!

    ReplyDelete