Thursday, May 28, 2009

Re: Question- what's in a name?

Hi,
Catherine in answer to your question (yeah post questions here- good question too)

It should NOT be for any specific wine or any specific beer... so dont put words like "bordeaux" or "Ale" in the name... but you can put things like "Dad's Hopps" since hopps applies to beer in general.
the basic thing is it has to look appropriate to beer or wine. The most general I would get is to put something that has to do with getting drunk.. but I dont know if I would just put a nice illustration on a label that does not apply specifically to beer or wine... BUT maybe because I can't imagine it working.. maybe it can. dont know.

APPEAL:
we're definately trying to appeal to the offbeat crowd... but there's power in numbers... so until we have a lot to choose from we should try to appeal to as many people as possible in that offbeat crowd


EXOTIC NAMES:
this might just be my opinion- but here in the US (where we're selling first) foreign names and "old world" titles are very appealing... for some reason foreign=quality vs the american quick fix... so if anyone knows some slang terms for "drunk" (for example) in another language... that could work.

GET WITTY PEOPLE TO JOIN US
theres a lot riding on the name/title on your label... if you know somebody thats good w/ words- ask them to join us!...

HERE'S A LAYOUT EXAMPLE
I guess this is what I think of as a convincing layout for the beer label (full bottle wrap)... the beer label has room wor a lot opf verbiage... the wine label only needs a wine name and a little bit of something else (not a long description... the real wine back label will do that)

No comments:

Post a Comment